When I am kind enough to share, my friends and neighbors are amazed when I bring them piping hot donuts. I tell them its easy but no one seems to believe me. At the encouragement of a friend, I decided to try the multiple pics method to show you the simplicity!
Ingredients
1 can of refrigerated biscuits
some oil- (I use canola oil)
something to cover donuts with-
sugar
powdered sugar
cinnamon sugar combination
First begin heating the oil (to begin I start with about 1/4-1/3 cup, depending on the size of your pan- you want some depth to the oil but it doesnt need to cover your donuts!) While the oil is cooking (between low and medium) begin "making" your donuts. My daughter has a small cup with a tea set, and I like to use that to make the donut holes. Then I prefer small donuts so the outer circle is actually made into 3 donuts and then eventually I poke a hole into my donut hole because I find they cook faster.


Once some of the donuts are formed, I place a few at a time into the pan with oil. You should see some sizzling around the edges if the oil is the right temperature. Watch them closely. If they are getting dark brown too fast the oil is too hot!
I flip them over when they are a golden brown.
Then I place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Then I dip them in sugar.
These are too yummy! I have attempted recipes where I make my own dough, but the donuts always seemed too doughy and under-fried. I find these taste best on a snow day from school or a Sunday morning snow day when you get your family for the whole day! Enjoy!!!



you are an incredible cook and never cease to amaze me! :) I haven't gotten the nerve to even try :)
ReplyDelete