Whitney's Monster Cookie Bars
The first time I tried these amazing tasty delights was when our church hosted a lot of bicyclists who came to town on Ragbrai. An amazing friend somehow made batches and batches of these bars and they certainly were gobbled up! Recently I was missing them (its easily been 3 years) and I asked her for the recipe. I made them over Labor Day weekend when we went camping with friends, a week later for small group, and four days later when we went to a friend's house for dinner! Yep- three times in a matter of weeks! They are that good. Warning- only make these if you have people to share them with!
Enjoy!
Preheat oven 350. Bake 20 min (I usually do 17 min)
3 eggs
1 stick of butter
1 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
1 T vanilla
1 lb peanut butter (yep, really!)
2 t baking soda
4.5 c oatmeal (quick cooking)
1 c choc chips (I like the mini semi-sweet ones)
1 c M&Ms
Mix in a large bowl eggs, butter, sugars and vanilla.
Add PB and mix.
Add baking soda and oatmeal.
Stir in choc chips and M&Ms.
Put mixture in a greased 9x13 pan and Bake.
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment