Sunday, May 24, 2009

Salami and Gouda Panini




Okay- I know the name isn't something you would necessarily say- Mmm, looks good- I think I will make that tonight. But let me tell you, it WAS good!
This was the first time we had it and we will be making them again.
(This came from the TV show TOP CHEF Season 1, Episode 2)

2 T orange-blossom honey
1 t dry mustard
2 ciabatta-type rolls
8 thin slices of salimi
8 slices of sharp gouda cheese
4 strips jarred roasted red peppers
2T melted butter

1. Heat a Panini Press or George Foreman like thing
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and mustard. Spread over 2 of the bread halves. Top with 4 slices of salami, 4 slices of cheese, and 2 red pepper strips, top with other half of sandwich.
3. Brush with butter on the outside of the sandwiches, top and bottom.
4. Put the sandwiches on the press for 4-6 minutes
5. Serve immediately

Now- when I made these today, I just found some fresh red peppers so I didnt take the time to roast them or even put them in the sandwiches. When I make these again I will buy the jar of roasted red peppers. I thought the sandwiches tasted great without the pepper so I am sure they will taste amazing with them. This is so quick and easy and not your typical grilled cheese sandwich!


(the first picture was not my own!)

1 comment:

  1. I just made these for lunch and then made them for supper (should I admit that???). We had them with the roasted red peppers (from a jar) for lunch and both eventually picked the peppers off the sandwich. Its okay but I prefer it without. You have to find the right bread- you need the hard chewy kind. Like I said earlier- the ingredients may sound scary but give it a try. Gourmet at home!
    Baker's wife

    ReplyDelete