I used to not like rhubarb. It wasn't until I was trying to be polite to my future mother-in-law by trying her rhubarb bread that I realized I really love it! I used to always make two loafs but the last two times I have put it in a 9x9 pan so it is like a cake. Yummy!
Ingredients:
1.5 cups brown sugar
3/4 c oil
1 egg
2-2.5 cups of chopped rhubarb
1 c. milk + 1 T vinegar (let it sit for awhile)
___________________
2.5 c flour1 t salt
1 t baking soda
3/4 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla
Topping:
1/2 c sugar
1 T butter
1 T cinnamon
Mix the first group of ingredients together. Then mix the dry ingredients together and combine everything. Place in two greased bread pans or one greased 9x9 pan. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350 for about a hour.



No comments:
Post a Comment