Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ham and Cheese Loaf- Quick and Easy!




WOW! I tried out a new recipe today and had to share it with others. This is so simple and I think it offers a lot of variety based upon your choice of fillings. I found this recipe from my 2009 Quick Cooking Cookbook. It looks nice enough I could serve it to guests for a simple lunch!

HAM AND CHEESE LOAF
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 30 min 350 degrees

1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 lb deli ham
sliced green onions
1 c. shredded mozz cheese
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices provolone cheese
1 T. butter

Unroll pizza dough on greased baking sheet. Top with ham, cheeses, and onion. Roll up tightly like a jellyroll. I made mine longer. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Brush with butter. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. Cut into 1 in. slices. Recipe claimed 6 servings but it was more like 3 for us!

We did disagree on the green onions in our house. I really liked them (cut up about 3-4 and spread over entire loaf). I felt that it would taste boring without them. My husband and daughter felt that the onions were too strong of flavor. Next time I will just put them on 1/3 of the loaf!



I am curious what other combinations we could use. What other veggies could I put in... perhaps some peppers? I will definitely be making it again. It was so simple that our three your old helped a lot with it. I did buy Pillsbury pizza crust because it was the right size. Perhaps I will try it with generic pizza crust next time. Let me know what you think and any changes you make to it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you could star on the movie "Julie and Julia" Fancy laying out all your ingredients and taking a picture! Amanda

    ReplyDelete