Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie Casserole


Janna's Chicken Pot Pie
3/4 c mayo
3 T flour
1 c. milk (I used skim)
2 t Wylers Chix bouillon granules (I use Ramen noodle chicken flavoring in a pinch)
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 can of Durkee Fried onions
3 c. (or more) of cooked chicken (diced or roughly shredded)
12 oz frozen veggies (corn, peans, beans, carrots mix) thawed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced potatoes
1 T Dijon mustard
1/2 stick of butter
1 t fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz tube crescent rolls

Heat through mayo in saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring til smooth. Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and heavy cream- over medium heat. Once mixture is thick and bubbly, stir in chicken, veggies, bouillon granules, mustard, butter, seasonings, and dill. When thoroughly heated through, pour into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with fried onions.
Roll out crescent rolls, place rectangles side by side on floured surface- pinch together perforations to seal. Cut into 1" strips and arrange criss-cross/ lattice design on top of mixture. Bake 375 degrees for 15-20 min until dough is desired golden brown. It claims to serve 8-10 adults but 6 adults ate it all up!

I should have taken pictures of this dish. I will be making it again and will have pictures then! Here is a picture I found online that looks similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment