Friday, August 27, 2010

S'Mores Bars


S'Mores Bars
1 c sugar
1 c butter
2 large eggs
2 t. vanilla
1.5 c crushed graham crackers
1.5 c flour
1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder
3 chocolate bars (I used Hershey)
1 (7-ounce) jar of marshmallow creme

1. Grease 8x8 baking pan. Heat oven to 350.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the crushed crackers, salt, flour, and baking powder.
3. Spoon half the dough into the pan and spread evenly. Break the chocolate into pieces and arrange over dough. Spread a layer of marshmallow creme over the chocolate. With the remaining dough layer over the marshmallow.
4. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let the bars cool before serving.

Tonight we are having a bonfire with three other couples and children. In addition to making real S'Mores, I thought it would be fun to make these bars to bring. I felt it necessary to test them out first- and they are awesome. The original recipe called for half the dough but I wanted more so I doubled it. I found this recipe from the Family Fun magazine Sept 2010.
Try them out. Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment