Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies



Im always in search of the perfect chocolate chip cookie. It seems funny that there are so many variations of the classic chocolate chip cookie. Each time I make a batch I try a new recipe. I can happily say that straight out of the oven- these are amazing cookies. I'm not sure if I will find out how they taste after a few days because they may not make it that long! Due to lack of chocolate chips and how much I love white chips, I did about half and half.


2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or white chips

1. Adjust the oven racks to the upper- and lower-middle positions and heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.

3. Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in the chips to taste.

4. Place the formed dough balls on the prepared baking sheets.

5. Bake until the cookies are light golden grown and the outer edges start to harden yet the centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time. Cool the cookies on the sheets. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets with a side metal spatula.


found recipe at Brown Eyed Baker blog.

1 comment: