Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

I had the most incredible shrimp scampi at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at Disneyland Downtown. Since then I have tried this dish at numerous restaurants and even attempted multiple recipes of my own. None compare. This one doesnt compare- but its my favorite so far!!!

1 lb spaghetti noodles
3-4 T olive oil
4 T butter (or more)
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 c. fresh parmesan cheese
bag of raw, easy-to peel frozen shrimp

1. Cook pasta according to package.
2. In skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil, butter, crushed garlic (I just took some teaspoons out of the jar I keep in my fridge as well as some of the garlic "juice") Later I added parmesan cheese. Stir continuously until it starts bubbly. Then reduce heat and add shrimp. Let simmer 6-7 minutes. Turn over. Cook slowly. I added some italian seasoning.
3. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add shrimp sauce to the pasta noodles and mix well.
4. Add butter, parmesan cheese, and salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment