2.5 c heavy cream
1/4 c sugar
8 oz cream cheese
1 c peanut butter (I used smooth but could be either)
1 c powder sugar
1 t vanilla
1. pour cream into the bowl of a stand mixer (thankful I have a stand mixer!) and add sugar. (remember to put bowl and beaters in freezer before to make process work better). Whip on low speed to combine, and then increase the speed to medium-high. Whip until medium-stiff peaks form, about 1 1/2 minutes. Chill in fridge until needed.
2. using the same mixing bowl and beaters (seriously- no need to clean in!) beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, pb, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
3. Measure about 2 1/2 cups of whipped cream that you made and fold into the pb mixture until well blended.
4. Pour the mixture into your graham cracker crust. Top with remaining whipped cream. Chill pie 1-2 hours before serving. Before serving, top with PB cups, butterfinger crumbs, or just start eating!
I discovered this recipe after searching through other cooking blogs. This recipe is different than Jennie's Mikey Love pie- but I shared the story with my family of making that special dish for the people you love before it's too late. Jennie's husband died unexpectantly and she encouraged others to make the pie for the ones you love and hug them and tell them what they mean to you... Try it out. The pie is tasty- and the hugs are incredible!
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment