Sunday, December 16, 2012

Snicker Fudge

I can't believe it has been over a year since I have updated this blog!!!  I guess with the move I was too busy thinking about packing and unpacking than cooking!  My sister shared this recipe with me and it is AWESOME!  I just made it this weekend as gifts to teachers and people who impact the lives of my children!  I hope they like it- I cant seem to stop snacking on it!!!

It certainly takes a little time (and multiple pans) to make- but I think its worth it.  There are not actual snickers in the fudge but I think it tastes like a snickers bar.


Here’s the recipe:

2 t. butter
1 c. milk chocolate chips
¼ c. butterscotch chips
¼ c. creamy peanut butter

Filling:
¼ c. butter
1 c. sugar
¼ c. evaporated milk
1 ½ c. marshmallow crème
¼ c. creamy peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
1 ½ c. chopped salted peanuts

Caramel layer:
1 pkg (14 oz) caramels
¼ c. heavy whipping cream

Icing:
1 c. milk chocolate chips
¼ c. butterscotch chips
¼ c. creamy peanut butter

Line a 13x9 pan with foil.  Butter the foil with 2 t. butter and set aside (or I just sprayed it with cooking spray)

In a small saucepan combine the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter.  Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.  Spread into prepared pan.  ( I just microwaved this layer- stirring it often) Refrigerate til set.

For filling, melt butter over medium heat.  Add sugar and milk, bring to a gentle boil.  Reduce to medium low and cook and stir for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Stir in marshmallow crème, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.  Add peanuts.  Spread over first layer.  Refrigerate til set.

For caramel layer combine the caramel and whipping cream.  Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.  Cook and stir 4 minutes longer.  Spread over filling.  Refrigerate until set.

For icing, combine chips and peanut butter.  Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.  Pour over caramel layer.  (Again- I used the microwave for this layer)  Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cutting.  Remove from pan and cut into 1 inch squares.  Makes 8 dozen- though mine didnt seem to make that much..  Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment