Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Another Amazing Sugar Cookie Recipe

Okay- I thought I would NEVER replace my go-to sugar cookie recipe with sour cream...
but my friend Susan brought amazing cookies to school and I had to replicate them!  Here it is:

1 c butter (softened) not margarine!
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t almond extract
3 1/4 c flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt

Combine butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.  Beat with an electric mixer on high until light and fluffy.  In another bowl (which i didnt do) combine dry ingredients and gradually stir into wet mixture until well blended.

Refrigerate 2 hours
Set oven to 400 degrees
Bake 4- 6 minutes  (mine didnt LOOK done- but I took them out at about 5min because I didnt want them dry and overdone!

Frosting-
1 c crisco
3 c powdered sugar
a little vanilla
a little almond extract if desired
water add one teaspoon at a time until you get the right consistency.
add lots of food coloring to multiple bowls and have fun!  :)

 I think this may be the 7th year that we have made spring sugar cookies- we dont have time during Christmas and the colors and shapes are so much fun!  :)


Yes- I let him lick one bowl of frosting...  :)

1 comment:

  1. Andrea... I don't think anyone would object if you made Valentine's Day cookies this weekend... but only if you share!

    ReplyDelete