Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eggnog Kringles




Eggnog Kringles

4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup room temp butter
1.5 cups of white sugar
1 egg
1 cup eggnog

Mix together and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Dough can be rolled into a long "snake" covered in powdered sugar and then formed into a pretzel shape. This can take a long time so I also experimented with forming them into balls covered in powdered sugar and then smashing them slightly with a glass. I think they have just the right flavor- not too strong of eggnog but definitely a fun variety.

As a child, I remember my dad making these and we ate them for breakfast. I know it seems crazy to have cookies for breakfast but we found it to be quite a treat. We loved them warm and with a little butter on them. I hope that you give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment