Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fruit Pizza





Crust: Use 2 rolls of sugar cookie dough (for a regular cookie sheet or jelly roll pan). Spray pan well with cooking spray. Press cookie dough into pan and cook according to directions (11-13 minutes). Let cool.

2nd layer: Cream 8 oz cream cheese and 7oz marshmallow fluff. (I also added some vanilla and 2 T. of powdered sugar). Blend together and spread on cooled cookie dough. Cool.




3rd layer: slice fruit and place on pan- I bought more fruit than I thought I needed. (1 banana, a few grapes, 1 kiwi, 5 strawberries, a small can of mandarin oranges (I patted them dry with a paper towel).




4th layer: Boil the following ingredients together for 1 minute: 2T. lemon juice, 1 T. corn starch, 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c. orange juice, 1/4 c. water. Be sure the mix is cold before putting over the fruit. Refrigerate (some say it tastes better to refrigerate overnight or at least for 2 hours).


Tonight our friends are having a competition to get together and bring the best dessert! I thought of a cheesecake, or something rich and chocolaty, but decided to select the refreshing and colorful fruit pizza instead! I hope they enjoy it!


The fruit pizza brings back memories of my college days. Our cook, Dana, at the Delta Delta Delta sorority house would make this for special occasions. I used her recipe but tweaked it slightly since the second layer was supposed to be 8 oz of cream cheese and 8 oz cool whip.


Enjoy! Let me know if you try it!!!




1 comment:

  1. I think everyone liked the fruit pizza- but I was disappointed in the 4th layer. The orange juice made it too orange-colored for my liking. It tasted fine but when I make it again I will try it without the 4th layer.

    ReplyDelete