Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blondies...

Usually I am not good about making desserts from scratch. I have only made one cake from scratch (a BLUE velvet cake while in high school instead of a red velvet one...) I have never attempted to make brownies without a box, but I do love making blondies. I found this recipe last night when I was searching for a fast, yummy goody. It really only took about five minutes to mix together and then we had to wait for the baking time. I liked that it only made a 9x9 pan so I wasn't tempted to eat the entire thing in one evening. I will point out that I do not have a picture because we did eat it VERY quickly! Enjoy!




I love the caramel-like taste with these. I prefer butterscotch chips, but the chocolate chips are great too!







Blondies Recipe





INGREDIENTS





  • 1/2 cup of butter, melted


  • 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar


  • 1 egg, lightly beaten


  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla


  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder


  • 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda


  • Pinch of salt


  • 1 cup of all-purpose flour


  • 1/3 cup of butterscotch chips (chopped walnuts and chocolate chips are equally tasty)




METHOD



1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.



2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.



3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the butterscotch chips or other mix-ins.



4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.



Makes 9 blondies.






I first put them in for 22 minutes and even after cooling they were pretty gooey. Personally, I love gooey but they may have been a little undercooked if I was going to serve them to company.






Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. They sound so tasty - I can't wait to try making them! :)

    ReplyDelete