Sunday, January 19, 2014

Better than Thin Mint Cake

We had small group at our house this past week and I was looking for the perfect recipe- you see, now it is less often that I am able to make cookies, bars, cakes, cake pops because I would rather not be tempted.  The joy of baking for a small group means others can eat it too!

I found this recipe online through pinterest but if I google it available on other websites too.

There are no pics- but its amazing.
  • 1 chocolate cake mix + water, oil, eggs as listed on the box
  • 1 - 14.5 oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 - 12.8 oz jar Hershey's Special Hot Fudge Sauce
  • 1 - 10 oz package Keebler Fudge Mint Cookies (or Thin Mints, when in season) (or walmart brand thin mints)
  • 1 - 16 oz container cool whip (I like lite)
  • 1 Duncan Hines Mint flavor packet
  • 1 cup Andes Mint chips - or just Andes Mints chopped up
  1. Prepare and bake the cake mix in a 9x13 baking dish. Allow to cool completely.
  2. Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly across the entire cake (about 20 holes). Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, trying to fill the holes.
  3. Heat the hot fudge sauce in a small bowl in the microwave. 30-40 seconds should do the trick, you jut want it to soften a little.
  4. Crumble half of the fudge mint cookies into the hot fudge sauce and mix. Spread the cookie/fudge sauce over the cake.
  5. In a large bowl, whisk together the mint packet and the cool whip. Spread the whipped topping over the fudge layer.
  6. (I chose to refridgerate this and right before I served I added the cookie crumbs on top and the andes mints.  I wanted it to have some crunchyness too!)
  7. Crumble the remaining cookie crumbs over top of the cool whip. Sprinkle the Andes Mint chips over top.
  8. Refrigerate and chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
  9. Cut and serve. Serves 12-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment