Sunday, January 19, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Granola- Sister's recipe!

All you need:
2 3/4 c.  quick oats
1 c. chopped  pecans
1 c.  dried cranberries
1/3 c. dried pumpkin seeds
1 medium Granny Smith apple, seeded and diced
1 tbsp  cinnamon
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 c. packed  brown sugar
1/3 c.  100% pure maple syrup
1/3 c.  olive oil
All you do:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pecans, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, apple, cinnamon and salt.
In a small saucepan, warm the sugar, syrup and olive oil over low heat until the sugar has just dissolved. Fold syrup mixture into oat mixture, stirring to coat well.
Spread granola over prepared baking sheet. Bake until dry and lightly golden, about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring granola a few times. Remove granola from oven. Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to a storage container. 

*I tasted this when my sister followed the recipe and it was AMAZING!  Unfortunately, I made the granola without the pecans, pumpkin seeds, and I used braeburn apples and walnuts and almonds and coconut and wheat germ.  Im hoping mine will still be tasty!  I also didnt have real maple syrup so I used honey.  Its still baking and smells GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment