Breakfast is so important. I am usually rushing out the door for my 30 minute commute before 7am each morning so trying to make a complicated breakfast is not going to work. Here are the options I enjoy:
Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go:
10oz frozen chopped spinach
3/4 c egg substitute (I use 3-4 eggs most of the time)
3/4 c reduced fat cheese
1/2 cup mixed peppers and onions (I buy a big of these frozen, chop some up and throw it in)
3 drops of hot-pepper sauce (optional but its missing something if I dont include it!)
microwave spinach and drain the excess liquid. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
Combine all the ingredients. Mix well. Divide evenly among muffin cups.
Bake 350 for 20 minutes (sometimes a little less or more depending).
Serving size is 2 quiche cups for 77 calories!
I freeze the extras in a freezer bag (sometimes double bagged) and microwave 2 for 90 seconds on a plate. Mmmmm- a warm breakfast I can eat with my fingers in the car. Satisfying!
Peach Kefir Smoothie
2 c plain unsweetened kefir
1 medium peach or 6 frozen peach slices
1 c raspberries (or blueberries or none)
1/8 t cinnamon
2 ice cubes
a little stevia if needed
I have a Ninja which is amazing at blending drinks. I honestly didnt like peaches until I made this smoothie. I had never heard of kefir either. I found it at Festival Foods (Wi friends) and HyVee (Ia friends). Supposedly kefir is a fat-burning probiotic according to the 17 day diet cookbook.
Banana PB Smoothie
2-3 ice cubes
1/2-1 c almond milk
1/2- 1 frozen banana
1 T peanut butter (optional)
1 scoop protein powder (I like designer whey white choc or vanilla) optional
Blend in my Ninja- Mmmmm
Steel Cut Oats-
follow package directions- I make 4 servings at a time, put leftovers in the fridge, warm it up morning of in the microwave. I add a little honey!
We also really like Clif Bars in our house (Crunchy Peanut Butter, Sierra, Oatmeal Raisin...)
We also love bananas and apples.
Ask questions... Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment